Our little corner of the blog world has been a-buzzin' lately with this 20-questions type game. Each person tagged has to answer 8 questions created by the person who tagged them, and then come up with 8 new questions, then tag 8 new people to answer them. Make sense? Just roll with it :)
Here are my answers to Amanda's questions (these are good, BTW - thanks for being creative!):
1. What's your all-time favorite "to die for" dessert?
- Oh geez. Such a hard question since "dessert" is my middle name (no joke, look at my birth certificate :) ). I would have to say a hot fudge brownie sundae: a warm, fresh-out-of-the oven brownie with chocolate chips in it, topped with vanilla bean ice cream, hot fudge sauce, a little whipped cream and candied nuts. Gulfstream makes a killer version and I love ordering it whenever I go :) It's so rich and gooey and decadent!
2) If you could meet any celebrity chef and spend a day with them, who would you pick?
- This is another toughie. I'd probably pick Aarti Sequeira from Aarti Parti and The Next Food Network Star because she is so darn adorable and down to earth. She seems like she could be your best friend before you even meet her. I also love Giada (and Hubby has a crush on her) and Ina (her food is so comforting and she has such a warm smile, plus who wouldn't want to stay at her house in the Hamptons?).
3) Favorite fair food? You know you've got one.
- Churros! I love the combo of fried dough + cinnamon sugar :)
4) What's your biggest kitchen blooper?
- Burning my pizza under the broiler. Not very tasty.
5) Is there any common food that just gives you the icks?
- Mayonnaise disgusts me. Something about the egg yolks and how much fat is in it grosses me out.
6) Your blog is becoming a film a la Julie & Julia, only more wonderful because it's about you. So who do you cast to play your part? (Bonus: How about anyone else's part?)
- I've had people tell me I'm a Natalie Portman look-alike, so I'd probably pick her to play me. As for other peeps, I'll have to think about it. I don't know if I could pick someone who'd match Hubby's handsomeness :)
7) What's your favorite thing in your kitchen right now?
- Hubby and I have been making a TON of paninis lately with our Breville Panini Maker - it's fabulous! It heats up quickly and leaves those awesome grill marks, plus you can cook meat on it too. Love it :)
8) What's your biggest goal coming up to tackle and conquer?
- To find a full-time job with benefits. This has been a huge struggle for me since I finished my master's degree in May. Financially I do not feel independent nor like I am able to really help support Hubby and me. It's extremely frustrating to be asked "so, what exactly do you do with a divinity degree?" ("Um, get a job?"), especially since I haven't been on ordination track since my first year of seminary. I'm working part time at a coffee shop right now, and while I enjoy it, it's frustrating to make minimum wage + tips with a master's degree. I do feel lucky to have a job at all, but I wish there were better opportunities out there (or at least was able to find the ones that are out there). Networking is tough when you move to a new city and don't really know anyone (hello, San Diegans, I'm here!). Okay, 'nuff complaining.
1. Maren at Simply Maren
2. Tina at Faith Fitness Fun
3. Sara at Beautiful Feet
4. Meghan at Megster Meter
5. Wendy at The Weekend Gourmet
6. Eve at The Pizza Files
7. Sarah at The Strength of Faith
8. Sarah at Baking Serendipity
I know a lot of Sara(h)s, huh? :)
Here are my new questions. Have fun!
1. Do you have a favorite family recipe or food tradition that's been handed down to you? What is it?
2. What's the worst thing you've ever eaten?
3. What would you have for your last meal?
4. What are you most grateful for in your life right now?
5. What is one recipe/new thing you've always wanted to try, but haven't (or are afraid to make) yet?
6. What do you consider your greatest accomplishment as of now?
7. If you could eat and travel your way through any city in the world, where would you go and why?
8. Do you have a favorite cookbook that you go back to again and again? What is it?