Okay, wafflers, round two!
You may have read earlier about my paffle pseudo-disaster, and earlier this week I was determined to make up for it.
This time I followed the directions on the box more carefully, and added my own twist to come up with something good for you, filling and delicious. Enjoy!
Get your ingredients together (FYI: there is peanut butter in the picture but I ended up not using it)...
...and mix in a large bowl.
Pour your mix into a preheated, greased waffle iron (I snagged this baby at Target for $7 - woot!)...
Oatmeal-Applesauce Waffles with Homemade Berry Compote
- 2 cups waffle mix (I used Krusteaz)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 packet apple-cinnamon-flavored instant oatmeal (I used Quaker)
- 1 tbsp. flax seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup each fresh blueberries and raspberries
- Preheat your waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions.
- In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients together with a wisk.
- Add wet ingredients to the bowl and mix.
- Spray your waffle iron with cooking spray.
- Fill your waffle iron with batter and cook. Repeat until you have a plate full of waffly deliciousness and your batter is gone :)
- While the waffles are cooking, rinse your berries and put them in a ramekin. Microwave for 30 seconds until they have heated and reduced into a syrup (there should be seeds and berry pieces left).
- Serve your waffles topped with compote and a little agave if you wish. Enjoy!