Friday, November 19, 2010

Banana Peanut Flour Muffins with Oatmeal Streusel Topping

Have you ever tried peanut flour?  I ran across it at Trader Joe's several weeks ago and was quite intrigued by the little bag.  Then I saw recipes coming up all over Blogland about it.  Being a muffin maniac myself, Monica's Banana Peanut Flour Muffin recipe called out to me and said, "Bake me!"

So I did. :)

These muffins are delicious, healthy, and FILLING.  Mind you, this is coming from someone who tends to avoid muffins just because they don't stick with me.  I ate 2 for breakfast probably every day after making them until they were gone.   I used half brown sugar and half white sugar instead of what the recipe calls for and they were just sweet enough.  Add some Oatmeal Streusel Topping and you'll be good to go.   

Gather all your goodies:



Mix your flours, salt, and baking powder/soda together.



Mix your milk, sugars, eggs, vanilla extract and yogurt.



Batter up!



So far so good...



Mix wet and dry together...



Make your Oatmeal Streusel Topping.  This is the best part :)



Pour your (thick!) batter into greased muffin tins and sprinkle the topping evenly over the batter.



Post-bake: oooh yes!  Lookin' good :)



Hellooooo muffin.  Get in my belly, please!



They need to cool for a bit, but go ahead and eat one warm right out of the oven.  You won't regret it :)



Muffffffin.  Yum. :)


You can find the recipe here.  Enjoy!

For the Oatmeal Streusel Topping: Combine 2 tbsp. melted butter with a packet of instant oatmeal (I used Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar).  Sprinkle over the top of your muffins before you put them into the oven.  Easy peasy!

10 comments:

  1. Mmmm love that streusel topping! Great step-by-step photos. Peanut flour, huh? Hmmmm..... Got my baking brain turning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just bought some at Trader Joe's as a low carb flour alternative. I am looking forward to baking with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut flour sounds so cool. I need to just break down and buy some. I'll be making this recipe for sure. Muffins make the best breakfasts and while blogging snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look out-of-control, a must bake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by peanut flour - worth me checking it out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I wasn't allergic to bananas, I'd glady devour a couple of those. They look delicious and I love how you used peanut flour, how creative. Not to mention, I LOVE anything with streusel topping. I have a habit of picking streusel toppings off desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Lindsay - LOL, I totally picked off streusel off pretty much every one of these muffins. Don't tell :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pretty cool to have on our high school friends reunion. Thanks for sharing this one. I can add some chocolate syrups or some yogurt as toppings.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the crunchy toppings of your muffins. My hubby will surely love your crunchy muffins.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...