Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Fall Yums and Funs

Don't worry, there are plenty of recipes coming - I'm trying to play catch up since the last few weeks have been crazy!  I've been working a ton (yay money!) and staying busy around the house, so my blog has fallen by the wayside lately.  Fear not...I will be back soon!

Several fun and delicious fall things lately:

A chopped peach heated up with a crumbled cereal bar and melted Hershey's...bliss :)



Visiting the beautiful Oceanside Pier, one of the longest on the West Coast.



Apple cinnamon French toast made with egg whites, skim milk, vanilla extract, and cinnamon.  Don't forget to drizzle peanut butter over the top and have fruit on the side.  I drooled enjoyed it :)



Hubby and I day-tripped last week to Julian, a nearby historic town in the mountains famous for their apples.  This was my fantastic slice of Dutch apple pie from Julian Pie Company.  The crumb topping was to die for!



Hubby (with his fall beard) enjoying his apple pie :)  They had a cute outdoor deck under the trees and it was a great way to enjoy our lunch in the fall sun.



We took an hour to burn off our pie hiking around Lake Cuyamaca.  It was a beautiful fall day, sunny and in the high 60s.



The following week we visited Prince of Peace Abbey, a Benedictine abbey in Oceanside.  These monks sure are lucky to have such a nice view!  It was so calm and peaceful.



At the end of the prayer walk: more beautiful views.



We also checked out Guajome Park.  The lake was beautiful and there was a great walking path all the way around it.



We had some company :)



A beautiful fall day!


7 comments:

  1. Bruce is currently rocking the fall beard too - must be the in thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! Glad to see you are enjoying fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lauren! I have been reading your blog since I noticed your posts through facebook - i'm really enjoying it as well as the other blogs I have found through your site! I never knew such a blog world existed around food - but I love it since my favorite thing to do is cook/bake! Since reading your blog and others, I might start my own, just as something different to try -- I'll let you know if I get it up and running! Hope you are doing well since high school - congrats on the Masters and getting married!
    Allison Mercer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the pictures of Julian and surrounding areas. I spent a lot of time out there as a child, and the mention of their famous apple pie really makes me yearn for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these pictures are so beautiful. I'm jealous your still in the 60's were down in the 50's and it's not so pleasant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures, looks like you've been having some lovely weather! That pie from the Julian Pie Company looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful photos! Thx so much for taking us along.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...