Monday, June 20, 2011

A Short and Sweet Kick

For the sake of my sanity and keeping this post short (and sweet!), these are just a few sweets that have been in my life the past month.  Work = BUSY = no time to blog.  It's life.  You get it, right? :)

Slice a banana peel down one side lengthwise, cut the banana in half lengthwise, and stuff with chocolate chips and granola.  Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then dig in.  Fight off anyone trying to steal a bite.



Since the oatmeal gods showered our kitchen with a plethora of oatmeal, I took to baking a few oatmealy  desserts.  This was an incredibly gooey, delicious, chocolate-oat-too-much-butter-it's-so-good-with whole-wheat-flour-for-"health"-reasons bar.  



Another fantabulous oat bar, this time with dried cranberries.  I drizzled the top with melted white chocolate - think white chocolate cranberry oatmeal cookie bar.  Yum.



Mini lemon Greek yogurt cheesecakes = portion control AND lots of protein :)



Jenna's Elvis granola.  I couldn't wait for it to cool, so my dark chocolate chunks melted into the granola.  It was glorious.  I think I cried a little from happiness.


And who doesn't love microwave fondue from World Market with banana bread, cranberry orange bread, bananas and strawberries?  It was actually REALLY good and a great value at $3.99 for the fondue (plus it lasted us two dessert sessions).  Heckuva better deal than going out for dessert.


Sweet dreams, friends!  Stay tuned for some goodies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...