Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thanksgiving Frittata

How was everyone's Thanksgiving? I was incredibly thankful to have several days off to relax and sleep too much. It was glorious :)

Hubby and I spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house. My mom cooked up a storm: brined turkey, sweet potato casserole, two kinds of stuffing, roasted potatoes, mashed potatoes, roasted beets, roasted carrots, two kinds of cranberry sauce, Hawaiian rolls, homemade gravy, and two pies from Costco (pumpkin and pecan). It was wonderful!

Here's my plate of deliciousness:



My mom decorated the dining room table with gourds, flowers, and cabbage! Isn't it pretty?



Like any other mom, she sent us home with more leftovers than we knew what to do with. Since I hate wasting food and like being creative when it comes to leftovers, I decided to put my noggin to work. Since Foodbuzz sent me a coupon to try Land O'Lakes eggs, and I wanted something filling for lunch, frittata it was!

This frittata is really easy to make, and it cooks quickly. Hooray for a fast and yummy meal!

Thanksgiving Frittata
adapted from Better Homes and Gardens' Mediterranean Frittata recipe
Makes 8 small or 4 large servings


Ingredients:

  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp. olive oil
  • 8 Land O' Lakes eggs, beaten
  • 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
  • 1 tomato, diced
  • 1 red bell pepper, diced
  • 1 cup leftover cooked turkey, shredded
  • 1/4-1/2 cup leftover stuffing
  • 2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
  • salt and pepper to taste
Directions:
  • Preheat your broiler. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook onion and garlic in the olive oil, until onion is soft.
  • Add your beaten eggs to a large bowl. Stir in goat cheese, tomato, red bell pepper, and turkey.
  • Pour egg mixture over onion mixture in skillet.
  • Cook over medium heat. As the mixture cooks, run a rubber spatula around the edges so the uncooked mixture flows underneath. Continue until the mixture is almost set.
  • Sprinkle leftover stuffing over the frittata, then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top of that.
  • Broil for 1-2 minutes, or until top is set and crumbs are golden.
  • Cut into eighths or quarters to serve. Add salt and pepper to taste (hot sauce is good too!)


It doesn't look pretty, but it tastes good!



Mmm...frittata :)



FYI: Foodbuzz sent me a coupon to try Land O'Lakes eggs for free. They were tasty. Foodbuzz didn't pay me to say that. Thanks again, Foodbuzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...